CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Shopping is great therapy!

Hello Blogging world!  Tonight I'm doing fantastically.  I'm watching Winnie the Pooh because this afternoon it was a blustery day, and it then turned into a blustery night.  That sort of weather always puts me in the mood to watch Winnie the Pooh.  I also got to go shopping today.  Now, most of the shopping was for decorating, Christmas, and need to pick up items.  I also did some price checking. 
I'm very excited because for the second year I get to go to the food show.  The food show is once a year at the IX center in Cleveland and is a couple weeks before Thanksgiving (perfect timing right?).  A ton of local vendors have booths, they have shows of food creativeness like cake decorating, taste tests, and a beer and wine area.  BUT the BEST part is that cooks from the food network come and do cooking shows and sign autographs!!!!  I was price checking cookbooks so I can get them signed.  Mom and I found out last year, it's better to buy the books beforehand.  Now most of the time you spend there is in line for the show or the autograph but to me it's totally worth it.  This year, my husband gets to join us, and it all goes according to plan we will then have 5 autographed cookbooks.  Hence the price checking.
On my shopping trip I got decor supplies too.  I have the supplies to make some yarn covered bottles, yarn wreaths, and reusable snack bags.  I'm super psyched because I see all these things on Pintrest and get inspired but don't have the materials.  So now I do and that makes me happy. 
I did get something for me.  I got the shoes I'm going to wear in one of my best friend's weddings this November.  They are BCBG nude platform peep toe pumps with a strap.  They are the perfect mix of glam and classic!  They are also the perfect shoes for a not wedding outfit, which makes them even more desirable.  Best of all was the price 30% off a department store!
I then met my mom at a place called Wasabi.  It's a Japanese Hibachi restaurant.  Mom and I had a good time, we were the only of age people at the table (high school homecoming dance night), so we each ordered a drink.  So the chef comes out and he does shots of sake squirted right into your mouth.  The first shot I got was pretty large, and the drink was pretty strong, and I also have pretty much stopped drinking because of the not good for making baby thing.  Anyways, the chef was almost done and wanted to give another sake shot, so I told him I had to drive home to which he replied "I drive you home!"  For the fun of it I said "Take me home!" and got the second sake shot.  I got extra food on my plate the rest of the time he cooked because he was going to take me home.  My husband thought this was hilarious when I told him all about it hahaha. 
My last stop of the night was to Pet Co.  Poor puppy dog has been getting fleas.  He takes a medication that is a combo of heartworm and flea medication once a month as a pill.  Now this medication doesn't keep adult fleas off, but it disrupts their life cycle and doesn't let them reproduce.  He was still super itchy and I kept finding adult fleas on him every time we came in from outside (the fleas are crazy bad in our area this year).  So I got the topical medication to keep the adult fleas off, and flea shampoo to kill any that were on him now.  When I got home I found another on him, so into the bath he went.  Now Teddy LOVES baths.  He drinks so much water that he looks about 15 lbs overweight after a bath.  The shampoo is natural so it smells like spices and it killed the fleas that were on him instantly.  So after Teddy peed out and regurgitated his extra water weight out of him, I started taking care of the house.  Unfortunately I'm going to have to vacuum everyday for 3 weeks and I'm in the process of washing the rugs, blankets, and bedding using a little of the flea shampoo in the wash.  I'm also going back to the store tomorrow to get a spray for the carpet, couch, and Teddy chair.  I'm also going to call the vet on Monday and see what they say about the whole situation.  Now I've only found a total of 6 fleas, including the dead ones from the bath, but I HATE bugs!!  I mean I really hate bugs!  I don't want those things inside my house at all and I feel all itchy just thinking about them being on Teddy.  I will feel a lot better when everything is washed, sprayed, or vacuumed.  I will also feel better when it's cold enough outside that the fleas won't be around. 
It's just one more thing to look forward to, living in suburbia there will be less bugs since it will be more inhabited and more people will spray to kill those suckers. 
Alright blogging world I'm going to take the pup again...he needs to release more water.  Have a great night and I hope your day was as good as mine.  Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment