CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Hidden Epicenter

I have this dream.  In this dream my whole house is organized, to the point that if I moved it would be easy peasy (lemon squeezy) because my basement would be all on shelves.  Now this is a major dream, mostly because I have to get the motivation to get it there, and to keep it there.  It doesn't help that my husband is notorious for leaving things all over the house (he never got the if you use it, put it away lesson growing up) and I give into lazy and think "well if he does it, then I can do it today..."  I have an appointment with my mom to start going through my basement to organize it and get rid of things.  I made her a deal, she helps me with the basement, then I help her with the room above the garage, then she helps me with another room etc. etc.  I choose the basement because I feel that there is a lot in my upstairs that could actually be put down in the basement because we don't use it that often.  It's like the hidden epicenter; even though we don't spend a lot of time down there, it could set the tone for the whole house.  I'm also one of those people that once it is clean, it's more likely to stay clean. 
I'm also hoping this getting organized plan will jump start the motivation that has recently been sputtering in me.  I've been crazy tired and have really just sat around all day.  It's making me hate myself.  I want to be internally motivated so I can have a clean house, and get to the gym more often.  This tells me that I do need a job.  Preferably a job that I can leave at my job at the end of the day unless I want to take it home with me. 
I'll post some before and after pictures of the basement organizing project.  I'll also take some pictures of the hubban's hydroponic gardening DIY.  Maybe I'll even let him be a guest blogger to explain what it is and how he did it.  I hope I'm not sounding all depressing, if so I'm blaming the change in the weather.  Anyways, for all you fall lovers, happy fall!  Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment